Trimac wins mileage category in NTTC Safety Awards
Publié le 03 March 2022
We are proud to announce that National Tank Truck Carriers (NTTC) has named Trimac as top in the category of for-hire carriers with over 90-million miles.
Trimac is honoured to be listed with 18 other carriers and private fleets across all categories for having the best safety records in the industry. The measure of this success is operating with the fewest accidents per million-mile rate and the lowest personnel incident rates.
Trimac now moves next phase of the contest. Grand Award companies now go on to compete for the titles of NTTC’s 2021 North American Safety Champions, and the Heil Trophy, in two mileage classes. NTTC will celebrate the overall winners during its 2022 Annual Conference & Exhibits on April 26 in San Diego, California.
“This award acknowledges the dedication and passion to creating safe work cultures here at Trimac,” said Alex Guariento, VP Safety. “The NTTC Grand Award is just a small token of our team’s outstanding commitment to safety and safe work behaviors, consistent safety training, and watching out for each other to ensure everyone is performing their jobs in the safest manner possible. We couldn’t do it without everyone committing to this way of life and I am extremely proud of everyone.”
The top position in the Grand category is one of the most difficult categories to place. From our drivers, mechanics, technicians, loaders, dispatchers, safety team and office staff who have truly made a team effort, this result shows the effectiveness of the Rooted in Safety program.
Congratulations to the entire team for contributing to this success and to the organization’s safety journey! We forward to the next phase of the awards.
North American Safety Contest Grand Award Winners in For-Hire Carrier Class:
• 90 million miles or more: Trimac Transportation
• 40-90 million miles: Oakley Transport
• 31.5-40 million miles: Slay Transportation
• 18.5-31.5 million miles: Service Transport Company
• 15-18.5 million miles: Atlantic Bulk Carrier
• 12.5-15 million miles: No qualifying carrier
• 7-12.5 million miles: Harmac Transportation and Wynne Transport Service
• 5-7 million miles: Dixon Bros.
• 3.5-5 million miles: Weaver Bros.
• 3.5 million miles or less: J&S Transport Co., Quick-Way, Transmark, and Ventura Transfer Company